How It Works
WHAT WE PROVIDE
We provide online 1-on-1 tutoring with fully qualified tutors.
Our tutors and your students work together using an interactive whiteboard electronic share screen. It is just as effective as having a tutor sit at your dining table with your students, without the exorbitant cost of private tutors. Think of it as a live Zoom session, but far more advanced using our unique software platform with the support of our tutors.
Your students can access our tutors and tutoring services
from 4pm to 8pm, 5 days a week.
We tutor in accordance with the Australian National
Curriculum as is taught in Australian schools.
Catering for all students from Grade PREP to Year 12.
HOW IT WORKS
To begin, one of our tutors will provide a remote activation of the Live Tutor web-based platform on up to three of your computers – Windows or Apple Mac, iPads and tablets are all fine – if your device can access the internet then we activate the platform and learning on that device. Tutors will then
- Train your students on how to use the program and how to interact with the online tutors.
- Conduct a diagnostic with each student to identify gaps, so that they can start your student at a level in the Australian curriculum where they feel confident.
- Start each student with their individual lesson plans based on their year at school, age, and their strengths and weaknesses.
Once your students have had this initial training and confidence using the program, they will then hand them over to the LiveTutor Online.
From then on your students will be working one to one with our online tutors, with individual lesson plans and support for each student, advancing them through the curriculum.
Ongoing support includes:
- Our tutors are available to help and support each student with their weekly lesson plans, Monday to Friday between 4pm & 8pm.
- Your students can access our tutors for tutoring and support, five days a week, four hours a day, (that’s 20 hours per week!)
- Your students can access the software lessons anytime, 7 days a week.
- Our tutors are also available 5 days a week to provide homework support and exam preparation and support.
Tutors provide unlimited tuition and support Mon-Fri between 4pm and 8pm.
- The weekly lesson plans, set by the tutors, provide enough work each week for each student (putting in the minimum average effort) to significantly improve.
- We recommend of 15-20 mins, 3 to 4 times a week (60 – 80 minutes per week).
- The sooner they finish their weekly lesson plans then the sooner they will receive their next lesson plan and work to do.
- Some families prefer just to do a little, some families want to do a lot
- The more time a student puts in with our tutors and software the more they will advance through the Maths and English curriculums.
- The weekly cost includes unlimited access to our tutors for help with homework and tuition between 4pm and 8 pm Mon – Fri.